Goto Family Tree Additional Information Census Christine's Home Page
|His Parents:||Her Parents:|
|Joseph SAUNDERS||Allen BRAY|
|Mary CLAY||Ann REEVE|
|Thomas SAUNDERS||Elizabeth BRAY|
|Married 06/06/1798 at St. Helen's Sharnford Leicestershire|
|Bp||18/05/1777 Sharnford||Bp||29/06/1781 Sharnford|
|Bur||05/06/1845 Sharnford||Bur||23/01/1837 Sharnford ?|
|Occ||Labourer / Shoemaker||Occ|
|6||Marey Ann||Bp||01/10/1810 Sharnford|
|9||Isaac SANDERS||Bp||04/01/1818 Sharnford|
There were four Elizabeth Brays who were baptised in Sharnford in the period
1773 to 1781. It is not certain which of these married Thomas
1) Elizabeth Bray baptised 27th September 1773, daughter of William and Diana Bray, died shortly after her birth (bur 17/11/1773).
2) Elizabeth Bray baptised 26/12/1776 daughter of Solomon Bray and Sarah Campion.
3) Elizabeth Bray baptised 05/07/1777 daughter of Thomas Bray and Elizabeth Bray.
4) Elizabeth Bray baptised in Sharnford 29/06/1781 daughter of Allen and Ann Bray. There is a burial recorded of Elizabeth Sanders 23/01/1837 age 56 - this was probably the wife of Thomas Sanders in which case she would have been born around 1781. The first child of Thomas and Elizabeth Sanders was called Allen. This seems to be the most likely match.
1. Allen was a farmer and he married Elizabeth SIDDONS on 24/11/1823 in Leicester. Allen was buried 6/6/1870 in Sharnford. They had 7 children.
2. Joseph was a framework knitter and he married Sarah PRATT 13/10/1819 in Wolvey, Warwicks. Sarah Pratt was baptised 02/04/1799 at Dunton Bassett (IGI, mother Sarah). Joseph died 11/02/1885 aged 84 and Sarah died 04/10/1865 aged 64 (death certificates from Chris Le Cornu). They had at least 6 children.
3. William was a framework knitter / labourer and he married Rebecca BACON 3/10/1825 in Sharnford. He was buried 11/7/1870 in Sharnford. Rebecca was born around 1805 in Sharnford or Huncote. She was buried 12/3/1874 in Sharnford. They had 10 children.
4. Thomas was a gardener / farmer and he married Elizabeth BAILEY on 25/4/1831 in Sharnford. Elizabeth was baptised on 16/2/1794 in Sharnford. They had 10 children and moved from Sharnford to Bedworth in Warwickshire between 1842 and 1845.
5. Eli married Eliza (?) who was born around 1812 at Narborough. They had 5 children.
6. Marey Ann married John PEGG on 27/3/1831 at Sharnford.
11. John married Mary Ann CHEATLE at Nuneaton Warwickshire n 26/9/1847.
CENSUS INFORMATION (For more detailed census info click on link)
|Census||Thomas Saunders||Elizabeth Bray|
Page updated 23/10/2007